Friday, June 17, 2011

For Leanna

A few days ago I made the first of hopefully many recipes. I spent the day running around preparing for going to my friends to cook, and I was still late... stupid car. However the rest of the night was a lot of fun. I decided to go with something Chocolate, because Leanna who has been a doll taking pictures and showing me how to do things for this blog seems to want chocolate often, so I went for it. I picked a Chocolate Tuxedo cake for Leanna. I've never made something like this without an experienced baker, so I was nervous for the turn out. The intended turnout was supposed to be great, but we fell short although it was tasted awesome!

There was supposed to be a chocolate glaze... I just didn't get enough of everything. It still tasted awesome.

 I hadn't realized that with three layers there would be so much cake. I'm not a chocolate cake person, but this was great. I enjoyed the whole process I'm excited for the next one.


Gabe and Leanna were fun to do this with. He is leaving back to Italy in 11 days, and Leanna is leaving for a month and a half. : / I don't like them going, but having this first experience with them is really why I wanted this blog. Food helps make some awesome memories and these are two people I don't want to forget.

We couldn't just make a cake and call that a fun night, so we went to Corvallis and explored Chip Ross park and Hell's gate. I've been to both several times they contrast each other enough that our night was fun; however, no matter what you plan there will always be complaints Such as, "No flashlights!!!", and, "This is dumb". I know it was worth it. Somehow when you fall, mess things up and forget things like flashlights and whipping cream those are the things that make spending time with other people more memorable.


If anyone wants this recipe or horrible directions to hells gate email me at DiplomeDiet@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment